Wastewater Department Contacts
|General Inquiries||Phone 304-876-3350|
|Billing Inquiries||Phone 304-876-2574|
Our Wastewater staff are dedicated to providing for the effecient treatment and transportation of wastewater from the Town and surrounding areas. We strive to provide curteous service and continued protection to our environment.
Our current sanitary sewer rates may be viewed by downloading the following PDF File.
Helpful Tips For Our Wastewater Customers
The great majority of sanitary sewer backups are caused by failed or deteriorated service laterals, which are owned by the property owner. As a property owner, it is your responsibility to maintain these pipes. The following are a few helpful tips to assist you in protecting your sewer lateral, your property, as well as the entire sanitary sewage system.
- DO NOT dump fats, oils, or greese down your drain or into the toilet. These typically solidify as they cool and may clog the service lateral or main lines. Oils and greases from cooking should be collected in a metal container, cooled and allowed to solidify then dumped into the trash.
- DO NOT dispose of hazardous or flammable liquids into the sanitary sewage system. This is both dangerous and illegal.
- DO NOT dispose of feminine hygene products, paper products (Except Toilet Paper), cigarette butts, or disposable diapers into the sanitary sewage system. These things should be wrapped and placed into your garbage.
- DO pour water or a mixture of water and vinegar into drains which are not regularly used (ie floor drains, spare bathroom drains, etc). This will fill the drain trap which prevents sewage gas leakage into the home.
- DO exercise caution when planting shrubs and trees in your yard. Preventing these from growing near your sewer lateral will prevent roots from infiltrating into your drainage system which cause clogs and leakage.