As a result of Governor Justice's executive order, Shepherdstown's June 2 Municipal Election has been rescheduled to Tuesday, July 21, 2020.
The election is for the positions of Mayor, Recorder and five Town Council Members. Sample Ballot
Shepherdstown Town Hall
104 North King Street
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
June 30 is the deadline to register to vote in the municipal election. For more information about registering to vote, contact the Jefferson County Voter Registration Office at 304-728-3246 or go online to http://www.jeffersoncountywv.org/find-it-fast/voter-registration-elections . To be eligible to vote in the municipal election, you must a registered voter residing within the corporate limits of Shepherdstown. To verify if you reside within the corporate limits, call the Town Clerk at 304-876-2398.
Voting by Absentee Ballot:
July 15 is the deadline for Town Hall to receive all Absentee Ballot Applications The application must be completed in the applicant's own handwriting (not typed). See application for complete details. The application can be mailed to P.O. Box 248, Shepherdstown, WV, 25443, faxed to 304-876-1473, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
June 5 - July 16 - Absentee ballots are mailed to voters who submitted an application.
An absentee ballot is considered received in a timely manner:
- If it is received by mail no later than the close of polls on election day.
- If postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service with a date on or before the date of the election;
- If it is received before the beginning of the canvass;
- If it is not postmarked and received by mail no later than the day after the election; or
- If it is received by hand delivery to the recorder no later than the day before the election (note: no person may hand-deliver more than two ballots)
July 8 - 18 - Early Voting takes place at the Shepherdstown Town Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and the last two Saturday's (July 11 and 18) before the election from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A voter does not have to provide a reason for voting during this time. The voter does not complete an application for early voting in person.
The Voter ID requirements can be found online here: https://sos.wv.gov/elections/Pages/BeReg.aspx